Children’s Open Gym
CHILDREN’S OPEN GYM IS PAUSED DURING THE SUMMER MONTHS.
Please check back in August for our regular season Sept-June schedule.
Adults must be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 and will be asked to show proof at check-in
Children crawling and up (max age of 13 years old for non-members. 14 years for currently enrolled students) are invited to come play in our gymnastics facility whenever we hold Children’s Open Gym! A responsible adult must accompany children on the floor. We ask that the adult/child ratio be no more than 1:3 to help maintain a safe children’s open gym time and adults are asked to keep children within arms distance of them.
The Children’s Gym occupies the space between 16th and 17th Ave on Sandy Blvd, a 12,000-square-foot facility. Our gymnastics equipment collection is extensive, encompassing 4 long beams, 2 short beams, rings, vaulting spaces, a thirty-foot Tumbl Trak, parallel bars, uneven bars, 3 unique sets of junior bars, and a 24 by 30-foot floor space for tumbling. We have mats of all shapes, sizes, and colors, and the entire gymnastics apparatus area is covered in 2-inch-thick, specially made gymnastics flooring to absorb shock and protect against injury.
Children’s Open Gym Does Have a Maximum Capacity and Can Fill.
Guidelines & Requirements:
- Pre-registration is required for all children entering onto the gym floor/into the gym space. Infants/babies do not require registration so long as they remain directly with the adult in a front pack, car seat, or other personal carrier.
- All adults must be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 and will be asked to show proof at check-in. Original vaccines cards or digital photos will be accepted along with government-issued ID to verify identity.
- Masks (without a valve or vent) are required to be worn by everyone 2 years and older.
- Food and beverages other than water are not permitted within the facility at this time. TCG’s water fountain is currently closed so we recommend bringing your own water bottle.
- Check-in will begin 10 minutes prior to the start of children’s open gym and will occur at our main entry door off the corner of 17th and Sandy Blvd.
- At the conclusion of children’s open gym we ask all participants to exit the facility within 5 minutes so staff can clean and disinfect before the next service.
Registration & Details:
Pre-registration is required for all open gyms in order to ensure we do not go over capacity. Walk-ins will not be permitted. Registration opens online two weeks in advance for each open gym event.
- Upon enrolling your account will be billed and a confirmation email will be sent to you once processed by our office. Office staff will ensure billing is correct prior to running payments.
- If you wish to apply for children’s open gym credits as payment please indicate this in the comments section of your enrollment.
- Enrollments can be canceled for credit so long as the request is made no less than 72 hours in advance. Please respond to your confirmation email to request your cancellation. Refunds will not be issued.
- Please ensure to review all open gym details in your confirmation email.
TBD- check back for fall 2022 information in August.
Children’s Open Gym Price:
We require families with students enrolled in weekly classes to pay a yearly membership fee. For all other services — such as Children’s Open Gym — the membership fee is optional, but paying the membership fee gives you discounts on most services. Families with a single child pay $50/year for membership, and families with multiple children pay $75/year. Member price only applies to children in the member family — non-member friends pay non-member price.
1 Child: $8
Additional member sibling: $4
Non member siblings: $5
1 Child: $12
Additional sibling: $5
The Children's Gym
1625 NE Sandy Blvd
Portland, OR 97232
SUMMER 2022 OFFICE HOURS
MON – THUR: 9:00am – 4:00pm
FRI-SUN: CLOSED *email available.
Tax ID Number: 93-1138293