Children’s Open Gym
PRE REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED FOR ALL OPEN GYMS.
Children crawling and up (max age of 13 years old for non-members. 14 years for currently enrolled students) are invited to come play in our gymnastics facility whenever we hold Children’s Open Gym! A responsible adult must accompany children on the floor. We ask that the adult/child ratio be no more than 1:3 to help maintain a safe children’s open gym time and adults are asked to keep children within arms distance of them.
The Children’s Gym occupies the space between 16th and 17th Ave on Sandy Blvd, a 12,000-square-foot facility. Our gymnastics equipment collection is extensive, encompassing 4 long beams, 2 short beams, rings, vaulting spaces, a thirty-foot Tumbl Trak, parallel bars, uneven bars, 3 unique sets of junior bars, and a 24 by 30-foot floor space for tumbling. We have mats of all shapes, sizes, and colors, and the entire gymnastics apparatus area is covered in 2-inch-thick, specially made gymnastics flooring to absorb shock and protect against injury.
Children’s Open Gym Does Have a Maximum Capacity and Can Fill.
Guidelines & Requirements:
- Pre-registration is required for all children entering onto the gym floor/into the gym space. Infants/babies do not require registration so long as they remain directly with the adult in a front pack, car seat, or other personal carrier.
- Food and beverages other than water are not permitted within the facility at this time.
- Check-in will begin 5 minutes prior to the start of children’s open gym and will occur at our main entry door off the corner of 17th and Sandy Blvd.
- At the conclusion of children’s open gym we ask all participants to exit the facility within 5 minutes so staff can clean and disinfect before the next service.
Registration & Details:
Pre-registration is required for all open gyms in order to ensure we do not go over capacity. Walk-ins will not be permitted. Registration opens online two weeks in advance for each open gym event.
- Upon enrolling your account will be billed and a confirmation email will be sent to you once processed by our office. Office staff will ensure billing is correct prior to running payments.
- If you wish to apply for children’s open gym credits as payment please indicate this in the comments section of your enrollment or send us an email.
- Enrollments can be canceled for credit so long as the request is made no less than 48 hours in advance. Please respond to your confirmation email to request your cancellation. Refunds will not be issued.
- Please ensure to review all open gym details in your confirmation email.
SPECIAL SCHEDULE for PPS NON-School Days
On select PPS non-school days TCG will offer an open gym from 1:00pm – 1:45pm. Registration is done online just like all other regular open gyms. See below for a list of dates we have added to our schedule.
- Monday, January 16
- Friday, January 27
Children’s Open Gym Price:
We require families with students enrolled in weekly classes to pay a yearly membership fee. For all other services — such as Children’s Open Gym — the membership fee is optional, but paying the membership fee gives you discounts on most services. Families with a single child pay $50/year for membership, and families with multiple children pay $75/year. Member price only applies to children in the member family — non-member friends pay non-member price.
1 Child: $8
Additional member sibling: $4
Non member siblings: $5
1 Child: $12
Additional sibling: $5
The Children's Gym
1625 NE Sandy Blvd
Portland, OR 97232
CURRENT OFFICE HOURS
MON – FRI: 9:00am – 3:00pm
SAT-SUN: CLOSED *email available.
Tax ID Number: 93-1138293